TwinSpires Sportsbook Arizona Offer Code
TwinSpires Sportsbook Arizona is no longer available. While TwinSpires will continue to offer online betting for horse racing, it will not run online sportsbooks or casinos. You can check out any of these great online sports betting options in Arizona:
Long associated with Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby, TwinSpires Sports offers an online sportsbook that is now live in Arizona. In addition, when you open an account with TwinSpires, you can receive a bonus bet for up to $1,000.
On this page, we’ll review what TwinSpires has to offer and how it stacks up with other US sportsbooks. We’ll go over the welcome bonus and the sportsbook’s other promotions, the sportsbook app, the bets that it has available and how all that compares to what its competitors have available.
When will TwinSpires launch in Arizona?
Arizona legal sports betting has been allowed since Sept. 9, 2021, just in time for the 2021 NFL season. While it didn’t make its Grand Canyon State debut that day, TwinSpires did go live with its mobile betting app just a week later.
The sportsbook announced in late July that it had reached a deal with the Tonto Apache Tribe, giving TwinSpires market access in the Grand Canyon State. The Tonto Apache Tribe operates and owns Mazatzal Hotel & Casino in Payson, which is just under five hours from Phoenix.
TwinSpires already has online sportsbooks available in Pennsylvania, Indiana, Michigan, Colorado and Tennessee, with another coming to New Jersey shortly. So, when it does launch, you’ll be dealing with a legitimate, trustworthy sportsbook.
As for Arizona as a whole, there are a couple of regulations that apply to all licensed sportsbooks in the state.
- The minimum age to bet on sports in Arizona is 21. Sportsbooks will use the information you submit during registration to verify your age.
- You need to be in the state to place a bet or cash out early. If you do not allow geolocation, are outside the state or use a VPN, you won’t be able to bet.
TwinSpires Arizona offer code 2023
To claim the TwinSpires welcome bonus, sign up as a new customer, that’s it, you don’t even need to enter a TwinSpires Arizona promo code. Then, if the first wager you place with TwinSpires loses, you’ll receive a bonus bet equal to the amount of your losing bet up to $1,000.
|Arizona Sportsbook||TwinSpires Sportsbook|
|TwinSpires Arizona Bonus Code||Not needed|
|TwinSpires Arizona bonus bet||Up to $1,000|
|TwinSpires Arizona Online Since||No longer active|
|Last Updated||May 2023|
TwinSpires Arizona welcome bonus — the fine print!
Here are some key points about the TwinSpires welcome bonus:
- To qualify, you must place your first bet within one week of opening your account. And only that first wager is eligible for the refund.
- If your bet loses, you will receive one bonus bet equal to your total losses, up to the maximum.
- When you use a bonus bet at TwinSpires Sports, you don’t receive the amount of the bet back if you win.
Overall, this is a solid welcome bonus. Most bonus bonuses work the same way. FanDuel is one of the only sportsbooks in Arizona that gives out site credit rather than a bonus bet when it comes to bonus bets like this.
Can I trust TwinSpires Sportsbook?
Yes, TwinSpires is a trustworthy and legitimate sportsbook. It received its sports wagering license from the Arizona Department of Gaming, which oversees gambling in the state.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding TwinSpires or any sportsbook in the state, you can reach out to the department by phone (602-771-4263) or email ([email protected]).
Getting started at TwinSpires AZ sportsbook
From the TwinSpires registration page, you’ll first need to select “Arizona” for your state, then simply fill out the application form with the following details:
- First and last name
- Home address
- Phone number
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
After agreeing to TwinSpires’ terms and conditions and checking a few boxes to verify your age and that the info you’ve submitted is accurate, you’ll be good to go.
How do I download the TwinSpires AZ app?
To start, head to the TwinSpires Sportsbook page and scroll down. If you’re on an Apple device, select “Download on the App Store.” This launches the App Store, and all you have to do is tap the “Get” button to download and install the TwinSpires app.
If you have an Android smartphone or tablet, you’ll instead choose “Get it on Google Play.” This opens the Play Store, and you can select “Install.” When the download and installation are complete you can open the app and begin using it.
Where do I find TwinSpires promotions?
TwinSpires’ promotions page is a bit more difficult to find than at most sportsbooks. Once you know where to look, though, it’s not a problem. Near the bottom of the homepage, you’ll see a promotions header, and below that, you merely have to click the “Sports” link to see all the available promos at TwinSpires Sports.
Keep in mind that not every offer you see is available to you, though. For instance, prior to the start of the NFL season, TwinSpires was offering a bonus where if you bet at least $10 on a team to win the Super Bowl you would get a $10 bonus bet for every game that team won during the regular season. But while this bonus appeared on the promotions page, it was available only to new users.
One promotion that is available to all users is the Parlay Boost. For this promotion, you’ll be eligible to receive a profit boost of between 5% and 50% for all your parlay bets of three legs or more. The key requirement is that each one of your parlay’s legs must have odds of -200 or longer. If just one leg falls outside of this range, the Parlay Boost will not take effect.
Just make sure to check the TwinSpires promotions page often and opt into any promotions that interest you. If you fail to do so, you cannot receive the bonus.
Why should I choose the TwinSpires Sportsbook app?
Here are some of the main things that we liked about TwinSpires Sports during our review:
- Good welcome offer: We already have broken down the bonus bet, so we won’t go back over the details. But what does bear repeating is that this is a very solid welcome bonus.
- Quality deposit/withdrawal options: We also think you’ll be very happy with the amount of deposit and withdrawal choices at TwinSpires. Not only do you have a lot of options, but they all work well.
- Promotional offers: You also likely will be a fan of all the promotions that TwinSpires runs throughout the year. Yes, it is disappointing that you must opt into them, but it’s a minor headache with the potential for some nice paydays.
What won’t I like about the TwinSpires Sportsbook app?
We also found some areas where we thought the sportsbook could do better:
- Glitchy app/website: TwinSpires is a fairly new online sportsbook, and sometimes that shows with the way the app and website function. We’ve had issues from time to time with logging in and getting our location verified. Restarting the TwinSpires online sportsbook app or shutting down your web browser usually works to fix this.
- Can’t bet on horse racing: Additionally, you might find it disappointing that you can’t bet on horse racing with TwinSpires Sportsbook. And while that’s a legal issue, not a problem with TwinSpires, it still is disappointing. TwinSpires is hopeful that you’ll be able to bet on the ponies under one account semi-soon.
- No single-game parlays: Single-game parlays are great, allowing you to combine prop bets for one NFL, NBA or MLB game. Regrettably, you won’t be able to make any of those bets for the time being at TwinSpires.
What kind of bets can I make at TwinSpires?
At TwinSpires you can make pretty much any bet that you would expect a reputable sportsbook to offer. Here are the standard betting options, with an example listing to help explain things:
|Phoenix Mercury||-9.5 (-120)||-286||Over 144.5 (-113)|
|Las Vegas Aces||+9.5 (-103)||+220||Under 144.5 (-108)|
- Moneylines: If you’re looking for a simple bet, the moneyline bet is where it’s at. All you’re doing is betting on one of the teams to win. The odds show you which team is the favorite and how much money a winning bet will pay. The Mercury, with negative moneyline odds, are the favorites. Odds of -286 mean a bet of $286 would return a profit of $100 if you win. On the flip side, the Aces’ odds of +220 mean a $100 bet would win a profit of $220 if successful.
- Spreads: Spread bets depend on the margin of victory. With the spread in this matchup at 5, Phoenix (the favorite) would need to win by more than that number, so 10 or more. Bets on Las Vegas, on the other hand, pay off if the Aces win by any score or lose by nine or less.
- Totals: You are betting on the combined final score of the game. You simply bet on whether the actual total will be over or under the line that the sportsbook has set, and if you’re right, you win.
- Props: These are basically side wagers on whether certain things will happen in a game. During a basketball game, you could bet on who will score first. During a baseball game, you could bet on whether a player will homer. During a football game, you could bet on if a player will score two or more touchdowns. The options at TwinSpires are pretty extensive.
- Futures: Futures betting refers to wagers on season-long outcomes or what happens in the playoffs, for instance. Betting on the Mercury to win the WNBA title is an example of a futures wager. So is betting on Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray to win the NFL regular season MVP award.
- Parlays: Combine two or more individual bets into a single wager. Doing so gets you better odds than you would get placing the bets individually. However, the drawback is that missing just one selection causes you to lose your entire parlay. These truly are all-or-nothing wagers.
- Systems: These are what TwinSpires calls round robins. You group individual bets into several parlays, with each parlay leaving out at least one selection. Now you can still win some money if you miss one of your picks. The downside here is that your potential profits will not be as high as with parlays.
- Live betting: Lastly, we have live betting, where you get to place wagers on games that are in progress. TwinSpires will be updating and tweaking lines based on the action in a game. Big plays in a game will cause big movements in the lines. That’s why you need to be fast when making live bets. If you hesitate, you may miss out on some favorable odds.
Can I bet on the Arizona State Sun Devils at TwinSpires?
Yes, Arizona allows you to bet on in-state college teams, and you will find various bets for the Sun Devils and other college athletic programs like the Arizona Wildcats, Grand Canyon Antelopes and Northern Arizona Lumberjacks.
What you will not be able to wager on, however, are any college prop bets, as Arizona prohibits those.
While we do not anticipate these laws changing anytime soon, the Arizona Department of Gaming does have the final say in the matter. So if anything negative were to happen when it comes to betting on in-state college teams, we could see those bets no longer be an option.
How do I get money on (and off!) TwinSpires Sportsbook quickly?
We already told you that TwinSpires has some solid banking options. Here are your choices for depositing or withdrawing money at TwinSpires Sportsbook Arizona:
|Deposit Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Online bank transfer||$10||Instant|
|Visa or Mastercard Credit of Debit Card||$1||Instant|
|TwinSpires Prepaid Play+ Card||$1||Instant|
|PayNearMe||$10||Within 24 Hours|
|Physical Check||$10||5-7 Days Minimum|
Note: If sending a check, the address is PO Box 8510, Lexington, KY 40533. Also, be sure to print your username on the back of the check.
|Withdrawal Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|PayPal||No Minimum||1-2 Days|
|ACH (e-check)||No Minimum||1-2 Days|
|Online bank transfer||No Minimum||2-5 Days|
|TwinSpires Prepaid Play+ Card||No Minimum||1-2 Days|
|Physical Check||$10||5-7 Days Minimum|
How do I get help at TwinSpires Sportsbook?
If you run into any problems at TwinSpires Sports, here are your options for getting help:
- You can call the TwinSpires helpline, which is 877-774-7371, between 7 a.m. and midnight MT.
- You can email whenever you’d like, but you most likely will only get a response during that 7 a.m.-midnight window.
- You also can live chat with a help desk agent via the support page.
- The support page also offers a variety of helpful topics that allow you to troubleshoot the problem you’re experiencing on your own.
How do I exclude myself from TwinSpires?
At TwinSpires you can exclude yourself for a period of anywhere from three days to five years. You can find these options by clicking on the “responsible gaming” link near the bottom of the app or website.
Once you’ve done that, you can simply select the timeout or self-exclude options. These will allow you to decide how long you want to not have access to the sportsbook.
In addition to these choices, you can elect to set up limits on your account. Limits allow you to control in advance how much you can spend or deposit. They also can restrict how much time you can spend at the TwinSpires online sportsbook.
Can I bet with TwinSpires Sportsbook in person?
No, there is not currently a retail TwinSpires Sportsbook in Arizona. If that changes, we’ll bring you all the details including location, hours, betting windows and betting kiosks that the retail book has available.
How does TwinSpires compare to other Arizona sportsbooks?
TwinSpires is a quality sportsbook, but let’s specifically look at how it compares to other online oddsmakers in Arizona.
- TwinSpires vs. BetMGM: Both oddsmakers offer $1,000 bonus first bets for new users, and both payout in bonus bets if your wager loses. Both also have apps that sometimes act up and are a little slower than some of their competitors. The promotions and betting options are just a little more diverse at BetMGM Sportsbook AZ, though.
- TwinSpires vs. Unibet: At Unibet in Arizona, your bonus first bet is good for up to $500, so TwinSpires’ $1,000 limit is quite a bit higher. We also like the majority of the promotions and the value you receive at TwinSpires. Both books have quality betting options, with neither one being that much better than the other.
- TwinSpires vs. DraftKings: DraftKings is one of the premier sportsbooks in Arizona, so it should come as no surprise that overall we prefer DraftKings to TwinSpires. However, not everything about the DraftKings Arizona app is better. For instance, the welcome bonus at TwinSpires is better and so are some of the promotions, particularly the standing parlay boost bonus.
What’s the latest TwinSpires bonus code?
There isn’t one. Just sign up with TwinSpires Arizona and you’ll be all set.
How do you bet on horse racing at TwinSpires Sportsbook?
At the moment, you cannot. Currently, you must have a different account with TwinSpires Racing to bet on horse racing of any sort.
Do I have to sign up with TwinSpires in person?
No, you can open a new sportsbook account at TwinSpires remotely. You will need to enter your name, home address, phone number, date of birth, email address and the last four digits of your Social Security number. These are the requirements for all legal Arizona sportsbooks.
How do you bypass the TwinSpires location requirement?
You don’t. In order to wager at TwinSpires Sportsbook in Arizona, you must be within state lines. TwinSpires uses geolocation to monitor your whereabouts. As long as you are in Arizona, you can bet. If you’re not, you can’t bet, and there is no way around this.
Do I have to use the TwinSpires Sportsbook app?
No, TwinSpires has a website that you can use to place all your bets, make deposits and request withdrawals. However, the app is free, and it makes wagering on your phone/tablet super easy. We recommend at least giving it a try.
What is the fastest way to cash out at TwinSpires?
You have five options for cashing out at TwinSpires Sportsbook. If you elect to get paid using PayPal, an e-check or a TwinSpires Play+ card, you can expect the sportsbook to process your request within one to two days. You also can do an online bank transfer, which takes between two and five days. Finally, having a check mailed to you will take five to seven days at a minimum.